Guild Excalibur

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mabinogi: Guild Excalibur

3 posters

I hope I've got the right spot for this.

Kahnakura
    Kahnakura

I hope I've got the right spot for this. Empty I hope I've got the right spot for this.

Post by Kahnakura Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 am

As certain people know I've been writing a book. This isn't it. The story that I'm posting here is the fan-fic version of the book I'm writing. It's the fan-fic that got me started. No, they are not the same.

Please leave a few comments for me on what you think of it, it helps keep me going with writing my book. (The support of family can only go so far) Hidespy, I hope you don't mind if I post this one right after another... It'd make it far easier for others to read by doing that, it's a bit long.

Part (1)

"They have finally arrived sire," Mangras said to the lord of Tir-Na-Nog.
    "I know, they’ve been threatening to come about for a while now, I guess they finally decided to make good on their promise," as lord Jarack faced the window of his stately manor he added, "make sure Caron and Kuronoa are in this team, they are our best fighters we have to date."
    "But sire, didn't Caron and Kuronoa quit the squads and move out of the town limits?" Mangras replied.
    Jarack turned to his well used armor and Claymore, "Yes, they did, but both of them would love to have a chance to revenge the death of their teacher, make sure they are at least allowed a chance to rejoin, even if it's only temporary."
    "Yes my lord, I'll make sure it gets done," as Mangras turned to exit he added, "even if they are traitors."
    “They are not traitors, not by a long shot,” Jarack replied sternly, “just because Caron and Kuronoa can hold their own in a fight against even the strongest of the Formors doesn’t mean that they are traitors.”
    Mangras mumbled something about a birthright, and then stalked out of the main hall to the stables to get his horse and assemble a small group to accompany him to the home of Caron.

Part (2)

About twenty miles to the north of lord Jarack’s Manor in Tir-Na-Nog stood a small cabin. By the excessive growth around it, you'd think that it had been untouched by the Formors. Many people spread rumors that Caron and Kuronoa had made a deal with the Formors to leave them unharmed because this was the only place that real vegetation grew unhindered.
    But it was simply a rumor. In the same way that demons fear angels, the Formors feared Caron and his sword, as well as Kuronoa and her magic. The two of them together could take an army of the Formors and not break a sweat. Even if separated, the two of them were unbeatable in battle.

Caron was easily the undisputed swordsman in all of the land of Tir-Na-Nog. Though he was slightly shorter than the average knight, he used this to his advantage. His short stature allowed for stronger blows and greater steadiness with a blade of any type. Caron’s strength and speed was immense, even when paced with the white stallions that were bred by the king for combat and speed, he was more than a match for them. Bears cringed when they heard the name Caron spoken. Even if spoken by a rat, bears would hesitate before they began to attack.
    Kuronoa was slightly taller than Caron, but still shorter than most. The spells and glyphs that she wove were far superior to any magic that most mages could cast. A kind hearted woman, Kuronoa would treat anyone that showed themselves at their doorstep for any kind of injury. Her skill in healing was known far and wide to any human who had ever been injured; it was even said that she could bring a person’s soul back to their body.
    However, if you bore the crest of the Formors, no matter how high ranked, you would have much to fear from her. With the simple flick of a finger she could wipe out an entire platoon of goblins, they would never know what had hit them.
    In the mornings, if you were walking near their cabin you could see and hear Caron and Kuronoa fighting against each other in order to train and keep themselves sharp. Every morning they would train in this manner simply for Kanakura’s and Composeralt’s sakes. Caron and Kuronoa would never allow their children to fall to the Formors if they could prevent it.

Kanakura was only eight years old, and her father already thought of her as an equal in combat. People came from far simply to challenge her, and most of the matches she won fairly quickly, even against some of the most seasoned of fighters. Kanakura was quick and nimble on her feet and was able to dodge most of her father’s attacks. Caron could feel Kana’s strength growing each day. At the end of the day Caron could see the bruises and welts left by the wooden swords they used to train. Kanakura could pick up most of the attacks and combos Caron taught her with relative ease.
    Composeralt wasn’t really very good at fighting and Caron gave up on teaching him after he was finally able to counter effectively. Kuronoa scolded her husband after each training session for all the bruises left on Composeralt’s arms and legs as she healed him. Kuronoa noticed one day as she was tending to a stranger in need of healing that Composeralt was healing the family dog. Though this alone was no great feat, it was what happened afterwards that amazed her, Composer began to re-cast the spell and help her heal the stranger she was healing. To be able to cast healing at such a young age and with such ease was unheard of. Kuronoa was intrigued by this and began to teach Composeralt all of the lower level magic that she knew, simply the magic of the elements, Fire, Ice, and Lighting. He picked it up immediately, and by the end of the month was able to cast all three and combine them for greater results. For many mages it took nearly one year simply to cast effectively the most basic of magic. To combine the elements in ways that made them even more deadly took many more years of practice.

Part (3)

As Mangras and a small troupe of soldiers approached the cabin, they saw the young Kanakura and Composeralt playing in the grass, carefree and unaware of the impending danger. Mangras smiled at this; of all the things his brother Caron had, he envied his children the most. If anything were to happen to either Caron or Kuronoa, Mangras would step up and take their place as best he could. He would never allow any harm to befall them.
    When Kanakura and Composeralt saw Mangras and his men approaching they quickly ran to the house and disappeared through the door. Whenever Mangras came with a group of soldiers behind him, they both knew that something bad was about to happen. They both had heard the rumors about their parents being in league with the Formors, and even though lord Jarack had proven to the courts that neither Caron nor Kuronoa were traitors, many still believed it.

Mangras dismounted his horse, a fine white stallion that was entrusted to those that proved themselves in battle and were deemed trustworthy by the king; only to find that Caron had already noticed him and was scowling at him from the porch.
    "Come to disgrace my family's name again," Caron said coldly, all the while letting the sun reflect off the half-drawn blade of his sword, making sure that Mangras and his men noticed it. Mangras glared at the men as they stiffened on the saddles of their horses, they had heard the stories of this man in battle; they had no doubts that if provoked Caron’s blade would never be seen, just felt. “You may very well be my brother, but if you are plotting against us again, do not think that will stop me from slitting your neck first.”
    "No, I have come with an offer from the king..." Mangras said, only to be interrupted by Kuronoa.
    "Make sure he knows that we decline again, just like the other six times he's given us an offer." Kuronoa said with a harsh reply; she then began mumbling the words of the ancient language and flames appeared around her hands. The soldiers behind Mangras shrank back in fear; they may get one hit in on Caron if he was alone, but since Kuronoa was also here… Even with all their training and experience, they were no match for the legendary Caron and his wife Kuronoa. In the backs of the soldier’s minds they felt it would be an unfair fight, even though they had the advantage of five to one.
    "This one is different, he offers no promise of life back inside the walls of the kingdom," Mangras struggled to get out the last part, "He only wished to know if you wanted the chance to help avenge your parents’ deaths.”
    "I see, a chance to avenge my father Mores and Caron’s father Ruairi’s deaths, we will need some time to…" Mangras cut off the rest of Kuronoa’s sentence.
    "NO! We haven’t got time; you either say yes or refuse," Mangras shouted, “Time is up!" He added grimly, “The Formors are already beginning to attack the outside walls of the kingdom, it WILL fall shortly!"
    Kuronoa immediately knew that Mangras was telling the truth; for once this wasn’t an elaborate plot to kill them. She saw fear written across Mangras’ face, so much so that even a blind man could read it. Mangras had been taught never to show his fear to anyone. He was now blatantly disobeying that teaching.
    Caron immediately understood and cursed under his breath, "I'll get my armor and sword, but I'll expect a good effort to help me and my wife from your men."
    "Even you know that I have trained these men, they will not fall so easy." Mangras smirked as he said it. As Mangras mounted his horse, he added in a slightly worried voice, "I wasn't supposed to say anything about the new world that lord Jarack has discovered; he’d kill me if I did tell you.” “But, I don’t have any children, and if we fail to hold back the Formors, at least your children may have a chance at a new life; and maybe after they are strong enough, they will come back and avenge our deaths.”
    Kuronoa nodded in agreement.
    “I’ll come along behind you; I only need to get my armor on.” Caron disappeared inside the cabin to put on the mythril armor left to him by his and Mangras father upon his demise.

"I’ll make sure the children are safe before I come, thank you Mangras for letting us at least be able to save Kana and Composer." As Kuronoa turned to go inside to get Kanakura and Composeralt ready she eyed Caron mischievously and added, "Don’t get yourself killed, you know how reckless you can get when fighting the Formors."
    "I swear I'll wait to be reckless ‘till you get there Kuronoa," Caron replied jokingly as he donned his battle scarred armor and awoke his spirit sword. Kuronoa and Caron kissed just as Caron mounted his horse and rode off after Mangras.
    But even as their parents joked about getting killed, Composeralt and Kanakura both saw the fear etched into their parents faces. They both knew that something bad was soon about to happen.
    Kahnakura
    Kahnakura

I hope I've got the right spot for this. Empty Re: I hope I've got the right spot for this.

Post by Kahnakura Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:01 am

Part (4)
    "Hurry children!" Kuronoa was hurriedly packing supplies for Kana and Composer, "we haven't much time." Kanakura and Composeralt picked up their own pace a bit. Only partially understanding the danger they were in.
    Kuronoa was finally satisfied with their preparations and snapped their bags closed. “We must leave,” Kuronoa was about to head out the door when she noticed Kanakura and Composeralt trying to stir their dog from sleeping to go with them, “no, we haven’t got enough time to take him with us.”
    “Please mommy?” Kanakura and Composeralt asked in unison.
    “No, we’ve got to go,” Kuronoa replied harshly, and as she began to cry she added, “I am sorry, but we really need to leave now.”
    Kuronoa all but pushed them both out the door and into the stables to retrieve the horse they would use to get to the portal of Errin; the humans’ new safe haven.
    Even the horse seemed to sense the danger as Kuronoa placed the saddle on him and pulled him from the stalls.
    As they exited the stable, horse behind them protesting, flaming arrows flew from the nearby bushes and hit the thatch roof of the house and stable. Causing it to catch fire almost instantly; both buildings were quickly consumed in flames.
    "Dammit, Chicol's gotten smarter this time," Kuronoa lifted Kanakura to the front of the horse and Composer onto the back, "Hold on tight my children, you'll be safe soon, and daddy and I will come for you; I swear it."
    Kuronoa whispered the words of a long forgotten language into the horse’s ears, stepped back and shouted as she ran away, "Go, and do not stop 'till my children are safe!" The horse looked at Kuronoa and shook its head, as if to say that it would not let even death stop it. It galloped away at full speed nearly throwing both Kanakura and Composeralt off its back.
    “Do not look back, keep going!” Kuronoa yelled to them as she began to weave a spell that would protect Kanakura and Composeralt.

Even against their mother’s wishes, they looked back and saw her casting magic that was far beyond the comprehension of even the greatest wizards and warlocks. Mores, their parent’s teacher and their grandfather taught only his closest pupils this.
    As they rode away they only saw their mother strike first, and the Formors that scattered as a result of the spell. They knew then that their mother would not be far behind them.

Part (5)
    Chicol looked at the mayhem at Caron and Kuronoa’s house from a safe place; he chuckled to himself as he realized that his plan was going perfectly. The only flaw was that Kuronoa had reacted so quickly. He hadn’t expected that. He chuckled again, “He he those Goblin archers and Kobolds were expendable anyways, I hadn’t planned on keeping them for much longer.”
    Chicol stepped out from his hiding place, right in the path of Kuronoa. “So, shall the mortal challenge the immortal again,” Chicol smiled in defiance remembering their last encounter. It had nearly killed him; he had never met a human with magic so strong, strong enough to kill a god such as himself. “We never had a chance to finish out last battle,” Chicol sneered and added, “though had Glas not stepped in that the last second, we both know what would have happened.” Chicol shuddered at the memory of being so near death, only to be saved by an abomination that he created.
    “Yes,” Kuronoa stepped back readying her next spell, “had your little puppet not stepped in, you would be dead.”
    “With that wound he left you with, I am surprised you are still alive yourself.” Chicol glared at the scar that still showed across her face. He knew that her insides should have been outsides when Glas hit her. “I guess I’ll just have to do a better job of leaving you for dead this time.”
    Kuronoa spat at his feet, “You sick bastard how dare you mock me.”
    “I’ve done no such thing…”
    “You have laid siege to my home, all that Caron and I have worked so hard for.” Kuronoa was all but doubled over in painful memories at what it took to get were she is now, the cries of treason, the attacks by the Formors… “You may have the advantage in numbers, but I’ve got something you don’t, a family to protect,” As she hissed through her teeth, she added, “and years of pent up rage towards those that have threatened to take this all away.” The flame she held in one and grew taller, and the heat that radiated from it grew more intense; the lightning that she had in the other had grew more intense as well, the hairs on the back of Chicol’s neck stood straight up.
    Chicol shied away, but only for a second. “Your magic has gotten much stronger than last time we met, I was not prepared for you last time,” Chicol half smiled and winced in pain of the memory, “I’ve never been in so much pain.”
    “Be prepared to feel far more than last time, I won’t be so kind as to leave you or any one of your armies standing,” Kuronoa grew more angry, her eyes began so glow in reflection of the intense magic she was holding on to.”
    “I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeves this time; don’t expect to win so easy,” Chicol said as he charged her.
    Kuronoa’s eyes widened as she recognized the stance he was using, the same anti magic stance that her father-in-law taught her, the anger grew insider her, “So it is true, Mores has betrayed us.” She yelled at Chicol, “Dam you, you may have been able to persuade Mores, but you’ll die before you take another of my family!” Kuronoa unleashed a barrage of magic that had never before been seen…
    Even though Kanakura and Composeralt were miles away, they could still feel the magic being pulled from the air, and see the destructive forces at work far off in the distance.

Part (6)
    Caron’s side was just as bad. Though Caron was enjoying himself quite a bit, he knew that it was close to hopeless. For every one Formor he killed, 2 more stepped up in its place, each wave stronger than the last.
    Storm clouds began to gather overhead, a tempest in the making. Though, as Caron looked skyward, there was something different about this storm. Almost as if it was alive…
    Each chance he got, he looked at the clouds; they began to form a familiar shape, the face of his wife, Kuronoa.
    Caron’s anger rose, “Dammit, Chicol found her first,” as he summoned the remaining parts of his strength he saw Chicol appear on the hill above, smiling.
    The battle ceased around Caron. He could see nothing but Chicol, smiling, and staring at him. As if Chicol was enticing Caron, the wind shifted, blowing the scent of Kuronoa’s blood to Caron’s nose.
    Caron only heard Chicol as he spoke, “I almost thought she killed me,” Chicol laughed, “had your father Mores not switched sides, she would have.”
    Caron felt the heat climbing up his back as Chicol spoke, the same heat that made him untouchable. Pure fury now flowed through Caron’s veins, giving him ungodly strength.
    Chicol began speaking again, “I would have preferred she surrendered, I hate having her blood on my armor, it tends to stain the metal.”
    “You… You…” Caron’s mind began to wrap around the idea that Chicol had slain his wife, the woman he had loved for so long, Kuronoa was gone… “You bastard, you killed my wife, my equal,” Caron seethed, “you will pay for this indiscretion, and the cost is very steep, no amount of gold can pay for this.”
    “Such an empty threat, your wife was more of a fighter than you will ever be,” Chicol laughed at the idea that a mage could do far more damage than a person wielding a blade.
    A feral roar came from Caron’s throat, “Die you son of a!” Caron charged Chicol with speed that not even the Formor god could match.
    Their blades struck with a clash as loud as thunder. Repeatedly blows were exchanged; Caron’s landed solidly on Chicol’s armor, cutting the metal like it was butter.
    Chicol was in a great deal of pain, he had already almost lost against Kuronoa. He was in no condition to fight against Caron, but he knew he needed to do this for his plan to work. Killing Caron would end the humans’ chance of a rebellion, and seal his place as a god. Chicol was losing, and both he and Caron knew it. The rage that Caron was using against Chicol was too much; to avenge his wife he would die.
    Suddenly Chicol released his hold on Caron’s mind, and allowed the battle surrounding them to come back into view. He could see that even in Caron’s absence the Formor army had taken heavy losses.
    Caron took the chance that he had, Chicol was distracted, and his sword landed on something hard.
    Suddenly the ground shook, and Chicol vanished. Replacing him was none other than Glas Ghaibhleann. Caron knew when he was out matched. But he would never go down with out a fight...

Part (7)
    Chicol appeared on top of Glas Ghaibhleann left shoulder. Holding his chest where Caron’s blade had cut him. Chicol sneered, “It feels rather appropriate for you to die the way I was to have your wife die the last we met,” he added as he grinned from ear to ear, “I will be on may way now, your wife somehow managed to get your children off to safety as I was finishing my scheme; I cannot allow the only two brats of your flesh and blood to survive and come after me later, now can I?”
    “Go ahead and run,” Caron said with pain in his voice, the cuts he had received during the fight were beginning to make themselves known, “you always were a coward, even at the first battle we fought, you used your puppets to protect you.” Caron motioned toward Glas Ghaibhleann.
    “Fare-the-well, for we shall not meet again,” Chicol floated to the ground and his coal black steed appeared beside him, ready to mount, “At least not while you are human anyways…” Chicol road off, leaving Glas to finish his dirty work.
    Glas Ghaibhleann roared as his chains were broken by magic. Its sight clouded to ensure that only one target was attacked. Putrid venom spewed from his mouth as it breathed, nearly knocking Caron off his feet. Glas’ eyes bored into Caron’s soul, as if to ask, “Shall we begin?”
    “To have lost to Chicol would have been a disgrace, he is such an inferior warrior,” Caron goaded Glas to provoke an attack, hoping the giant beast would make a mistake and trip or something,
    But the words fell on deaf ears, nothing but a smirk was shown behind Glas’ face. Though it had no free will, it knew when it was being tricked.
    “Fine, then this will be the end of me,” Caron wiped his faithful spirit blade off using a hempen cloth. He bowed his head and the blade shown brilliantly.
    A deep booming voice came from nowhere, You called for me Caron? What is it that a capable warrior such as yourself needs from me?
    “Arukanoa, I fear this battle will be the undoing of me, I have but one final request to make of you,” Caron shuddered as he realized that he would be losing his best weapon.
    What is it that you require? I see this hideous thing before us, however, I am only a tool in your hands, by only your skills can I kill something. So I must assume this is for something else?
    “Yes, I wish for you to leave me, I cannot kill this beast, and only in death can I protect my children,” Tears came from Caron’s eyes, “I must ask you to leave me, and to find my daughter when she is old enough and guide her to where she needs to be.”
    You do understand that when I leave this sword, all my memories will be lost, do you not?
    “Yes, however I will bind this sword’s essence to my soul, technically your body,” Rage welled up in Caron’s chest this time as he prepared for a frontal assault on Glas Ghaibhleann, “So your memories should come back after some contact with things from the human realm.”
    A wise master you are indeed, it has been a pleasure to serve at your side, I hope one day that your daughter can wield me as well as you have. I will trust your judgment, perhaps one day, in a different light; we can both serve at each other’s sides. The light that once emanated from the blade slowly vanished, and Arukanoa’s soul floated skyward.
    “Thank you old friend…” Caron’s eyes watched as his long time war buddy parted back his own realm.
    Glas roared once more as he grew impatient, and then charged Caron with the evil fire in its eyes blazing hotter than the depths of hell.
    Caron turned to notice Glas Ghaibhleann charging him just in time to parry one of his blades, but never noticed the second one that Glas carried. Hot, red liquid flowed from Caron’s chest as he sunk low to the ground. “I am sorry, so sor…”
    Glas Ghaibhleann stared triumphantly at the fallen warrior. A slight smile of pleasure at defeating a foe that threatened his master. Glas mused as he thought to himself, “How does a puny human survive so much, only to be killed by one that is stronger, why do they strive to excel?” The answers eluded his grasp as thinking was not what he was made for; and he then began to kill anyone that was still alive in his path, Human and Formor alike.
    Kahnakura
    Kahnakura

I hope I've got the right spot for this. Empty Re: I hope I've got the right spot for this.

Post by Kahnakura Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 am

Part (Cool
    Kuronoa and Caron’s soul began to rise toward the heavens. Nearly to the top, they met and embraced. Speaking of what had happened to each other. Kuronoa’s smile quickly faded as she read Caron’s eyes as he told her of what Chicol was planning; he wanted to kill Kanakura and Composeralt.
    Both of them knew that they only had a limited time to reach the gate to the soul stream before they would no longer be allowed inside. But saving the hopes and dreams of the human race was far too important to just leave in fate’s hands. Caron began to pull against the strings of the Gate of Souls and Kuronoa followed his lead. Eventually the threads broke, and the doors of the gate slammed shut.
    Both of them flew towards the stallion that carried Kanakura and Composeralt. Chicol watched as their souls flew to carry and protect them from his magic and weapons.
    “Dammit, I should have summoned Glas earlier, that way at least Caron wouldn’t have given up so soon, I’d have had more time to catch up and kill them,” Chicol made a metal note to be sure and capture their souls. In the right hands, or bodies rather, they would make a fine pair in a plan to wipe out the humans in the future. “I can do no more here, but at least I shouldn’t walk away empty handed.” Chicol stopped his horse, dismounted and began to draw a complex glyph in the sand. He would have preferred killing the only children of his mortal enemy. But hopefully in the future, he’d get his vengeance in a new way. “Capture life as after death, seal these souls, bind to me…” Chicol chanted a spell to ensure the capture of Caron and Kuronoa’s souls.
    Caron had noticed Chicol, but not what he was doing; he thought it strange that he stopped chasing them. But only took it for a momentary trick and pushed forward. Finally, Kanakura and Composeralt were safely through the portal into Errin.
    Chicol smiled as the final improvised pieces of his plan were coming into place, “Their will be gone, tied to me eternally,” Chicol held up 2 small jars etched with the Symbol of the Formors on the top and pointed the open ends toward Caron and Kuronoa’s souls. “You will serve me until the end of time,” Chicol smiled as he watched Caron and Kuronoa struggle to prevent from being captured, he already knew it was hopeless for them. The Gate of Souls had already been shut; there was no place for them to run.
    Caron’s soul was sealed first, and the jar vanished from Chicol’s hand. Kuronoa almost got away, but she then saw Caron’s soul caught and reached for him. She was too late. Only a few moments later did she lose her grip on the rock she clung to. Her and Caron’s soul, sucked into forced servitude for all eternity.

Part (9)

Tumbling through darkness, holding the other’s hand, scared, alone, and wounded. Kanakura held on for dear life to her brother, hoping that their parents were indeed still alive. Even though they both had seen their parent’s greatest enemy behind them, they still believed that somehow Caron and Kuronoa where still alive.
    Kanakura began to cry, and her brother attempted to comfort her, but to no avail. He soon began to cry as he realized the full extent of what had just happened. So they only held each other tighter to try and keep together.
    Kanakura had her face buried in Composeralt’s magic apprentice robe, tears staining the cloth. And suddenly, as if he just vanished, her arms were empty. She suddenly felt as if she were falling. A bright light revealed itself to her eyes and blinded her momentarily. Then, just as the falling began, it stopped, and she was floating. Tears clouded her vision, but she thought she saw the Goddess Morrigan herself. Kanakura tried to ask where she was, and where her parents were. But the heavenly being only put one finger to her lips. Kanakura then blacked out…
    Composer was more aware of what was happening. One thing that Kuronoa, his mother and teacher, had taught him was how to “see” heavenly beings. The Goddess Morrigan had taken Kanakura from him, and he reached out to grab her, but could not reach her. Just before he began to fall again, he saw Morrigan carry his sister to another woman in a black dress, which needed to be re-tailored. He only heard a slight whisper of an ancient language between the two entities. After seeing this, his vision, and the awareness of the world around him, was lost.
    Kanakura could barely think, her mind still clouded. But somehow, she felt anew. She knew her name was Kanakura, but, past that, nothing. She only heard a beautiful voice from some one that was next to her, singing a lullaby that sounded familiar, but only from a place she could not remember. Kanakura allowed her eyes to flutter open, only to be met with a bright light, she quickly re-shut her eyes, but the light was not harsh; so she allowed her eyes to open fully.
    The lullaby stopped, and a figure moved to face towards Kanakura. “Oh,” this strange woman sounded startled, “you are awake, good, I was afraid we were too late.”
    Kanakura looked around, “Where am I?” She then looked at the mysterious singing stranger, “Who am I, and who are you?”
    The woman giggled, it sounded like bells from a church ringing, “Well, for starters, you are in the place called Errin.” Her face saddened, and she bit her lip, “I… I can’t tell you who you are though; I swore that I would not breathe a word of who you are to anyone, not even you.”
    “Why not,” the question seemed harmless, why could this stranger not tell her who she was?
    “It would only make you sad,” The woman suddenly brightened, “but you can call me Nao.”
    “Nao,” Kanakura repeated only to herself… A puzzled look crossed Kanakura’s face, “So, here in, Errin, as you called it, what am I to do?”
    Nao laughed a bit, “You may do as you please, but I must take you to your real home first, you cannot stay here.” Nao produced a small package from the folds of her dress, “Here, take this, it should help you when you get to your new home.”
    “I like it here, it’s peaceful, why can I not stay,” Kanakura asked with a slight pout.
    “Because, this place is the realm of the gods, a human cannot stay here for long,” Nao replied, not fooled at all by the puppy dog face Kanakura was making. “Now, the Goddess was nice enough to let you recover, but I have orders to get you to the realm of the humans after you awoke; it will not be easy, but I promise to help you in what ever way I can…” Nao’s voice trailed off as she put Kanakura into a deep sleep to be transported to the realm of the humans.

Part (10)

Composeralt awoke to find that he was in an uncomfortable bed. It appeared to be made of straw.
    “How did I get here,” Composeralt racked his brain to find how he got here, but aside from waking, he could remember nothing.
    A man in a cloak came in through the large doors, “Ah, so the young one is awake, tell me, how do you feel?
    “Strange, like I am not supposed to be here,” Composeralt had a very befuddled look on his face, “Where… Where am I, How did I get here?”
    The man chucked at Composeralt’s joke only to look up and see that he was very serious, “You mean that you know nothing, to be honest my wife has been hounding me to find where you came from as we have no idea either.” The man grew very serious, “Early tomorrow we shall venture to the nearby monastery, hopefully there you may find some answers.” The smile returned as his wife stepped trough the door, “He is awake my love, go and get him something to eat, the poor boy must be starving.”
    The woman smiled at Composeralt, “You must be, I hear your stomach growing from where I stand,” And she hurried out of the barn.
    “You found me,” the puzzled expression was still on Composeralt’s face, with no signs of going away soon.
    The kind man laughed, it reverberated through the barn, “More like you found us young one, you practically fell in my lap.” He laughed some more, “It was a welcome surprise though, my wife is unable to bear a child, so even though out roof has a large gaping hole in it, she is happy, as am I.”
    The wife returned with a large bowl of hot soup and a half loaf of bread, “I hope you like it, the soup has been passed down from my parents to me,” She placed the tray at Composer’s feet and sat down next to him.
    “It smells incredible,” Composeralt immediately devoured the bread, and nearly burned his tongue on the hot soup. He said between ravenous bites, “This soup is amazing, thank you so much!”
    “I am glad that you like it, but I do ask for one favor in return…” The man’s wife began.
    “Honey, not now, even though he’s been asleep for nearly three days he still looks as if he’s had it rough.”
    Composeralt was startled, and nearly dropped the bowl of soup, “I’ve been… asleep for… three days?”
    “Yes, you are quite a heavy sleeper,” the wife said in reply. “We’d have placed you in a bed, but we have none to spare.”
    Composeralt tried to stand, but his legs failed him. The woman quickly caught him.
    “I thank you both for your kindness, and I feel terrible for not returning the favor,” Composeralt half smiled, allowing himself to be lowered back onto the straw, “So, what are your names?”
    The man replied first, “I am William, and this is my loving wife Anne.” He hefted Composeralt into his arms and added, “Tonight you sleep in the house; I’ve heard terrible things stalk these parts at night.”
    “Thank you William and Anne,” I will do my best to repay you.
    Anne spoke up, “Will you be our child, at least until you can find your real parents?” William immediately shot her a glare.
    Composeralt smiled at her, “Seeing as I apparently have none as of now, yes, I can do that, and I will help with what ever else is needed.” Composeralt grimaced; he knew that somewhere he had parents, real parents. He was glad these kind people had found him; they could help fill a void that alone could not be filled.
    William still had Composeralt in his arms, “Come, tonight you will sleep in a real bed, what kind of carpenter would I be to not be able to make a bed for my own son to sleep in?”
    “Not a very good one I guess,” Composeralt replied jokingly.
    “Very correct, you are a sharp on you are,” William walked towards a small house, and Anne ran past him, “and a lucky one, that soup you just scarfed down, Anne doesn’t make it often.”
    “We’ll have to find a way to change that then won’t we,” Composeralt laughed, that soup was like a small bowl of heaven.
    William laughed with him, “Yes, well, with you here, she’s happy, I am sure that if you asked her to do anything she’d probably do it.” William sighed, “As I told you before, she cannot bear children, so you are a blessing to her.” He then laughed all over again, “Of course, you fell right out of the sky, so I guess that the stork was nice enough to her this time!”
    Composeralt remembered something William said earlier, “So, this monastery, how far is it?”
    “Not to far, about a day’s walk.” William smiled, “Don’t worry; we’ll be walking there just as the sun decides to peek above the horizon.”

Part (11)

Chicol grimaced as his wounds were tended to by his court of mages. He never knew that killing Caron and Kuronoa would be so difficult, even if they were separated. “It still hurts, but for now, I have the ultimate prize,” Chicol laughed loudly, “the imprisoned souls of Caron and Kuronoa.”
    A mage stepped up to Chicol, wringing his hands, “Um… Sire, we’ve manage to piece together the replacement bodies you asked, the seals are proving more difficult though.”
    Chicol eyed his head mage, “Why is this causing you so much difficulty, all I asked was that you place a sealing stone in front of 2 locations.”
    “Yes, we will try harder, I am sorry for bothering you,” the mage walked away, still wringing his hands.
    Chicol laughed again, even harder than before, “If only those two fools had just gone to the soul stream as they were supposed to, they wouldn’t be placing their children in this mess.” “If only they knew what I was capable of!” Chicol continued to laugh.
    The same mage stepped back up to Chicol and bowed. “Sire…”
    “If you have brought me another excuse then I’ll behead you myself,” Chicol snarled; even though they were the best mages to be found in all the land, they could not even place a simple stone of sealing across a door without some difficulty.
    “No sire, I’ve brought the news that the stones have been forged, we will wait for you to make the spell complete,” the mage replied wearily.
    Chicol stood and grabbed the two jars that he had sealed Caron and Kuronoa’s souls into.
    “Make the proper preparations for the soul transfer ceremony, I don’t want any problems.” Chicol laughed again, and winced at the pain in his chest, this was far too great an occasion to be worried about a little bit of pain. Though his raid upon the human’s castle in Tir Na Nog hadn’t gone as well as he’d planned, he’d get his revenge soon. What a better way to gain revenge than to force those that stood against him and that were his mortal enemies to kill the very ones they loved. “Hurry, these seals on these jars cannot last much longer; if these souls escape I’ll feed the lot of you to the ogres.”
    “Yes sire!” All the mages replied in unison.

The Ceremony was perfect, nothing had gone wrong.
    After a few hours of ensuring that the souls of Caron and Kuronoa could not escape their new bodies, Chicol emerged from the cave, tired. It took much energy to make a soul stay in a replacement body without the body being rejected and destroyed.
    “Seal up the caves!” Chicol shouted to his mages, “Ensure that only those who are strong enough to make the trek to them are the ones that may enter this place!”
    Chicol walked away, smiling at his weeks work. There would be much time to pass until the stones of sealing were found, but to see the look on Kanakura and Composeralt’s faces when they learn of the fate their parents had been forced in to, and what they must do in order to reverse it. But even if it took twenty years for either one to find their parents, I would be well worth the wait just to see the final result…
    Kahnakura
    Kahnakura

Post by Kahnakura Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am

Part (12)

“Wek up mah child, surely yah can’t sleep that long.” An old haggard woman patted Kanakura’s cheek in an attempt to rouse her.
    “Wha, I fell asleep again?” Kanakura began to become aware of her surroundings.
    “Yes little lady, ye’ been asleep for about an hour now since I found yah.” The woman sat down next to Kanakura and fed a few more sticks to her fire. She sipped on a cup of tea, “Oh, pardon my manners, I should’ve asked ye’ if you wanted a cup, ‘tis a good way to wake in the morning.”
    Kanakura remembered her dream, being helped by that strange person, Nao; Kanakura reached into her pocket and found a small piece of paper. She decided not to be rude and look at the paper later. “Yes ma’am, I’d like a cup, after my weird day a cup of tea might be nice.”
    The old woman poured Kanakura a cup and passed it to her. “I’d have to agree with ye’ your day has been a strange one,” she snickered a bit and sipped on her tea again, “I’d asked ye’ how it was, but I already know.”
    Kanakura nearly spit her tea out, how’d this haggard woman know of that dream, it had only occurred in her head. “How…”
    “Mah child, I am known as Eireth, I see many futures,” her face froze for a moment and turned a pallid white, after a few seconds her normal color returned, “I be known as a soothsayer, and ye’ve got one hell of a future ahead of ye’ little lady.”
    “So you saw what was going on in my head?” Kanakura rubbed her temples, her head suddenly hurt.
    “Dear heavens no child, I waited here for ye’ I saw ye’d appear in this field around this time, I couldn’t let somebody as important as ye’ be found by a mere commoner,” once again the color faded from her face and returned. “Ye’ met the half goddess Nao I presume, she’d be tha’ one that sent yah.” Eireth chuckled, “Ye’ve got one interesting future ahead of ye, you’ll touch many people and be tha’ one that redeems our homeland.”
    “Oh, heh for a second I thought you saw the inside of my head,” the slight glimmer faded from Kanakura’s eyes as she realized that she still couldn’t remember much past her name. She had hoped the woman could unlock her memories. “Wait, what do you mean I’ve got an interesting future?”
    “Ai, but I was sworn to secrecy, sadly mah child for now you must stay in tha’ dark.” Eireth’s face suddenly brightened a few shades, “Tha’ note in ye’ pocket, it’d be from the one called, ‘Nao,’ yes?”
    “Yeah, at least I think so,” Kanakura took the paper from her pocket and unfolded it.

Kanakura,
    My apologies for leaving you alone, I have much to attend to for now but I’ll help you in any way that I am allowed. For now you must make your life your own, but I’ll be watching and protecting you.
    For now you must travel to Tir Chonail, visit a man by the name of Duncan, he can get you started on the right path. For now I bid you farewell.
    ~Nao
    P.S. Give Eireth my regards.

“I should have known she’d somehow be involved in your strange appearance,” Eireth chuckled to herself, “She told you to go to the town of Tir Chonail right?”
    “Where is that, I’ve never even heard of the place,” Kanakura replied meekly and lowered her head.
    “Tis nothin’ to be ashamed of child, you are one of the chosen few to take back the place we once called home,” the smile faded from her face, “it appears mah time has been cut short child, being able to see one’s future be a curse and a blessing.” Eireth got up and brushed off her dress. “For now we must hurry and get ye’ to Tir,” she extinguished the fire and made sure it was out, “A fire be our friend but be a cursed thing to those that cannot control it, remember those words young one, one day tha’ll be of great use to ye.”
    Kanakura got up, wondering what Eireth meant when she said that our time had been cut short. She suddenly felt as if she was being watched and glanced around.
    “Hurry child, we need to be movin’!” Eireth called after her as she hobbled down the path.
    Kanakura hurried after her; still unable to shake the feeling she was being watched. Hopefully this man named Duncan could help her remember her past; it was rather irritating not knowing who you really were.

Part (12)

After a few hours they reached Tir Chonail. It was a fairly small town, nothing really all that special, very lively, and lots of people running around doing errands and just chatting amongst one another. Kanakura hurried along behind Eireth, for an old woman she moved rather fast.
    “Ah, Eireth, long time no see,” a man called out, “I see you have brought a friend this time, thought you only traveled alone?”
    “I had to mek an exception for this one; she’s a special one she is,” Eireth looked back at Kanakura, “This be Duncan, I have to part ways with ye’ for now, so he’ll help you out for a while.” Eireth sauntered off to be alone.
    Kanakura reached to grab to folds of Eireth’s dress and thank her, but Duncan intercepted her and spoke.
    “You are lucky she found you, I doubt you’d have been able to find your way here.” Duncan smiled. His face then turned serious and he raised an eyebrow, “Leave her be, she’s a loner, though to be honest you’ll probably not see her again.”
    Kanakura frowned, “I wanted to tell her thank you.”
    “Should I ever see her again, I’ll tell her myself, but she doesn’t come about very often,” Duncan’s eyes lit up as he suddenly remembered what he was supposed to do. “Nao sent you right?”
    “Yes,” Kanakura pulled the note from her pocket and handed it to Duncan, “how to so many people know of what I was dreaming about, are you able to see in my head?”
    Duncan took the note, glanced at it and then put it in his pocket, “I see that Eireth didn’t fill you in to well then,” Duncan laughed, “Nao is known by all who live here, she grants life to those that die in battle and have no one to help them, she rules over the soul stream.” Duncan’s face relaxed a bit, “And to be honest, you didn’t dream about anything, that was real.”
    Shock crossed over Kanakura’s face. How could a strange place such as that exist, and then just vanish? And to top it off, Nao is a real person; the note could have been planted there by the lady from all that she knew about it. But now, she wasn’t so sure that Eireth had planted anything.
    Duncan pointed to the North east, “In that direction is an Inn, go there and get some rest,” Duncan turned and took some coins from a person and handed them a scroll. “After all that has happened to you today, you could use a good sleep to sort it out.”
    Kanakura walked in that direction, taking in each part of the town as she went. Halfheartedly she was also looking for Eireth. Kanakura got to the Inn fine, it wasn’t that hard to find. The giant sign in front that said, “INN,” helped a bunch. She checked in with the man at the desk and learned that his name was Parias. She also learned that Duncan had paid for her stay for the next week, which was a good thing. She didn’t have a stick to her name. She walked to the bed and sat on it, after that was a blur, she fell asleep before her head even hit the pillow.

Part (13)

“Ms. Nao, I was beginnin’ to wonder if ye’d fulfill your promise to me from so long ago, you be late by a few hours.” Eireth mused as she stared at the beautiful woman nearly as old as her. Eireth chuckled, “For one nearly as old as I you haven’t lost any of the gifts Morrigan gave you.”
    Nao appeared hurt, “Eireth, you know I am busy, I can’t be everywhere at once.” Nao glared at this old haggard woman, she was a soothsayer, and even though the goddess Morrigan gave her eternal life on this place, she forgot about eternal youth. Although, being able to see another’s future might not have helped her complexion even with that blessing. “You’ve lived an interesting life, the prophecy is beginning and as promised by Morrigan, you may wish to end your life here and leave to the soul stream if you wish,” Nao grimaced, she’d never taken a soul to the soul stream, she’d always brought them back from the soul stream.
    “My family left me long ago, and my best of friends with them,” Eireth pondered what she would prefer to do; die and live a life in the soul stream, a place of grandeur and splendor, or stay as a human and live eternally, “I’ve not made my mind yet young one, but this Kanakura girl will need guidance beyond what Duncan can give her, I will stay alive on one condition.”
    Nao’s face tensed, she hadn’t considered that the old woman would prefer to stay alive; all the way here she prepared herself to escort Eireth’s soul to its final place of rest. She stammered, “Which would be what, I can only do so much for you, some things you will need to speak with Morrigan herself for that.”
    “I wish for you to rid me of the dreaded curse, seeing another’s future is grand until you see what will kill them and you know you can do nothing to save them from it.” Eireth’s smile faded as she remembered the shrieks from the people she could not save as they died two deaths, one in her mind, the other for real. “In addition, I would like to be younger looking than I am now, perhaps back to being a twenty year old would be nice.”
    Nao smiled, she knew she could do the second part, restoring people’s youth was something she excelled at, but she’d need to consult Morrigan for the first part. Nao told Eireth that she could restore her former youth and make it permanent if she wished, but that it was Morrigan who would need to remove the curse of the Soothsayer.
    “I can wait for a few days chil’, I’ve already waited for nearly four hundred years for the prophecy to begin, what’s a few more days time?” Eireth was saddened a bit, Morrigan was always one to keep her word as was Nao, but if the curse couldn’t be lifted, she’d just assume die.
    “Good, though I don’t know if I’ll be able to come around for a while, it’ll be a week at least to get a chance…” Nao was interrupted.
    “Don’t give me that Nao, I know you be busy and all, but I’ve lived longer than even yer’ mother.” Eireth was fuming, even for a person who was always making sure people were healthy and strong she wasn’t so busy to utter a few words in her direction to remove this curse, “Ye’ always be sending me your duties, if I can make teh time to help you when you be needin’ it most you could at least be returnin’ the favor!”
    “I’ll do what I can, for now I’ll restore your youth, but please be patient with me,” Nao was nearly in tears, she hated to leave with this unresolved.
    “I don’t want mah youth till’ I know this curse will be removed,” Eireth protested, “what’s youth if ye’ can’t enjoy it?”
    Nao was reluctant, but understanding, she knew what it was like to lose your childhood to some horrid event. Even though Morrigan blessed her for all eternity she still felt the pangs of hurt from her memories as a child. “Fine, but please, I need one week to make sure this can work.”
    Eireth grimaced as she knew she’d have to endure seven more days of endless torture of seeing people die before they even suspected it, “Ye’ve got no more than seven days, understand?”
    Nao nodded and began to walk away slowly, disappearing into the fog that appeared around the forests in that time of night.
    Kahnakura
    Kahnakura

Post by Kahnakura Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:09 am

Part (14)

Composeralt and Kanakura dreamed the same dream that night, somehow linked together, yet they never knew of each other’s presence. A strange entity with light shining around her appeared to be trapped, a spell binding her.
    “Help, somebody help, Chicol has me imprisoned here,” the strange person said. She pleaded with the two of them, “He plans to gain revenge on the human race, I tried to stop him, but now you see me.”
    Composeralt and Kanakura stared in awe at the same thing, hair on the back of their neck standing on end; still unaware that they were standing beside one another.
    “Please, help me,” the entity still pleading with them, “When you wake, you will not believe your own minds, but I give you this as a token of proof that this is very real, and that danger is close at hand.”
    The dream faded into darkness, the voice soon following with it.

Composeralt woke with a start, “what the…” He opened his palm to find a small metallic medallion, “So this was the proof she spoke of,” His voice trailed off as he turned on a light to study the small piece of metal. “I wonder what it means?”
    William opened the door to be sure that Composeralt was awake, “Come on kid, we’ve got a long day of travel ahead of us, I can’t have you asleep after the sun comes up.” He was startled to find his newly-unofficially-adopted son already awake staring at a small trinket. “What have you got there?” Composeralt showed it to William, “Where did you find that?” William’s eyes grew wide and he ran to the kitchen and came back after a moment with a small piece of metal nearly alike in shape and coloring, the only difference noticeable was the runes engraved on the front. “But if this is, then how?” William was visibly puzzled.
    Composeralt reached for the medallion William held in his hand, “what is this?”
    “We found it on a piece of leather tied around your neck when you fell through our ceiling, we decided to keep it just in case it meant anything.” William was still puzzled, “You only had that one medallion on you, where’d you get that one from?”
    Composeralt didn’t want to scare William out of the trip today so he said, “I don’t really know; I just found it in my hand this morning.” Composeralt jumped up and began to get ready for the trip to the monastery William told him about yesterday, “I’ll be ready in a few moments to leave for monastery; we should hurry…” Hopefully, the monks would be able to help him find out what was going on and restore his memory.

Kanakura jumped from her bed thinking that she was under attack, breathing hard she braced herself for an attack that never came. She stood slowly and heard a loud “clang” as something hard and metallic hit the floor; once again she braced herself to block an attack. And once again, nothing ever came.
    Puzzled, she sat quietly on her bed staring out the single window in the room. Even though the room she slept in wasn’t very well equipped for people to stay a long time, it was still a very nice room. A desk with a chair was in the far corner of the room, the top looked like maple wood. A bookshelf with a few books, none of the titles she recognized. She absent mindedly flipped through the pages of one of the books, not really reading the words, just keeping her mind busy; it didn’t work for long. Kanakura replaced the book on the shelf and shuffled back to her bed; she noticed a small glint of something metal under the bed. As Kanakura stooped to pick it up and ran her fingers over the cool metal, the previous night’s dream came flooding back to her. She shuddered and realized that the entity in her dreams was telling the truth. She also realized that the medallion seemed familiar; and then she remembered where. Eireth and Nao wore a similar one around their necks. Kanakura gasped and realized that she needed to find Eireth quickly before she went to far from Tir Chonail. A white owl flew in the window and stared at Kanakura. Kanakura didn’t seem to notice it until after it spoke her name.
    “Kanakura.” The owl spoke her name clearly, as if it had been taught to say it.
    Kanakura turned slowly around and stared at the owl in disbelief, “did you… just say my name?”
    “Who, me?” The owl cocked its head and looked around, “I see no one else in the room, and it would seem silly for you to call your own name out; so yes, I did say your name.”
    Kanakura wasn’t startled to hear the owl speak, she was startled that it knew her name, “How do you know my name, and who sent you?”
    “Well, I know your name because I was sent here to give you a message,” the owl used its beak to untie the ribbon attached to its foot, “Duncan sent me; he requests that you speak with him.” The white owl picked up a rolled up piece of paper and dropped it into Kanakura’s already opened palm, “Be sure you read that, it’s got important stuff on it.” Before Kanakura could ask it any more questions, it flew out the window.
    “Well, I guess I’ll have to look for Eireth another time, maybe Duncan can help me figure out what this is.” Kanakura put her shoes on and straightened the dress she wore and accidentally slept in the night before; before she left asked Parias to hold that room for her and set out for Duncan’s home.

Part (15)

“Hey, you are gonna have to do better than that to keep up!” William called back to Composeralt.
    When William said that the temple wasn’t very far, Composeralt wasn’t prepared for the nearly fifty mile hike to and from the town. “You could have told me that it was more than a couple miles, slow down I have to rest.” Composeralt sat on a stump near William breathing heavy, even for a guy in his late forties William moved pretty quickly.
    “Figured a young one like you would have been able to keep up with me,” William snickered as he said it, “could have told me you were out of shape.” He burst into a fit of laughter at the last part, according to the townsfolk he was out of shape.
    Composeralt rolled his eyes and played with a speck of dirt on his now dingy shirt.
    “Ready to head out again,” William asked.
    “Yeah, I can keep going if you slow down a bit, I may be young but just a couple days I did fall from the sky you know,” Composeralt said as he stood and brushed off his pants.
    William smiled at his soon-to-be-adopted son; this trip had a dual agenda. Try to find out where Composeralt came from and legalize that Composeralt was now William and Anne’s son. William would take care of the paper work, but the monastery was closed to normal visitors, only royalty and people who were invited inside could enter. Strangely enough a white owl delivered an invitation earlier that morning.
    “When we get there you’ll have to ask why they sent the invite, that’s a rare and valuable thing you’ve got folded up in your pocket.” William said as they set out again, the sun was only mid-way through the sky and they could already see the town ahead. Even with Composeralt being a bit out of shape they were able to keep a pretty good pace.
    “I doubt they’ll permit me to tell you, the invite said that I needed to enter alone, only one person of my immediate family could go inside with me.” Composeralt frowned, it would take several days for the paper work to be processed, and the invite expired in a week. Maybe he could ask the monks inside if they could wait for the adoption to be legal. Composeralt once again sat down and rested, William interrupted his thoughts.
    “Stay here for a few seconds and rest, join me when you are ready,” as William ran off he added, “be sure to ask a guard for directions, the temple is easy to miss!”
    “Yeah, sure…” Composeralt wasn’t to sure he wanted to enter with out either William or Anne near him, but this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to discover who he really was. Composer knew he was different than the rest of the people he saw traveling along the path. Even just two days of staying with William and Anne his parents to be he could see that they aged, when he looked into a mirror at himself his appearance seemed to stay the same. Composeralt heard a small noise behind him in the bushes, partly like a gruff voice. But when it stopped he stood up and dismissed it. “… probably just an animal.”
    As Composeralt walked away from the bush two thugs jumped in front of him, as he turned to run, two more jumped from behind the very bush he heard the noise from.
    “Ha, cornered like a rat,” the leader said, “now give us what you’ve got or face getting knocked into next week kid.”
    “Fine, please don’t hurt me, but I don’t have much,” Composeralt said as he emptied his pockets, making sure not to reveal the invite.
    One of the bandits stooped to pick up the items, “Eh, boss,” the man said in a heavy accent, “I thought you said he had a letter from the monks, I don’t see it here.”
    Another man stepped out from behind the tree, he wore a strange crest on his shoulder, Composeralt had never seen it before, and yet it seemed very familiar. The man spoke in a booming voice, “Hand it over kid, I don’t wanna hurt yah cuz’ you’ve got lots of time left in you, but I need that letter.”
    Composeralt stammered, “I… I don’t have any letters.”
    A lanky man stepped up and grabbed Composeralt’s arms and held them behind his back, “Search him, this one seems a bit wily to me.”
    The first bandit stepped up to Composeralt, “With pleasure…” He began to dig through Composeralt’s pockets. As he reached into the pocket that the letter was in Composeralt closed his eyes and wished that it would just not be there, that along the way the letter had fallen out of his pocket and it was lost. “What the…” the man pulled his hands out of Composer’s pockets with a puzzled look on his face… “Boss, he ain’t lying… Kid ain’t got no letter in his pocket.”
    The man they called boss walked up to Composeralt, “Release him, maybe I heard wrong.”
    As the man released Composeralt the boss turned and landed a punch right into Composeralt’s stomach, he doubled over in pain.
    “Get up kid, else I’ll kick you,” the boss said, “now tell me where you hid the letter, I can hit a hell of a lot harder.”
    “I haven’t got…” Composeralt started to say but was interrupted by an uppercut.
    The man was seething now, “Tell me where you hid it, you won’t survive the next one kid!”
    Composeralt slowly stood gritting his teeth against the pain, “I haven’t a letter; I gave you all I had…”
    The man ran straight at Composeralt teeth bared to deliver the final blow. “Then die as a witness kid!”
    Suddenly from nowhere a strength came through composeralt, one he had never felt before; all his pain was gone. Composeralt stood straight up and uttered three words he had never heard before, “Carounus kheirin adurai!”
    All five men froze in their places, faces lined with pain. Composeralt felt his strength begin ebb from his body. All five stared in wonder at Composeralt, the boss was the only one able to speak, “Who… What… are you?” As the last of Composeralt’s strength left him all five men fell to the ground, lifeless.

-End-
    Sorry about the mad posting... There's a character limit... Anyways, that's all. I have no plans to finish writing this story as I already have another in the works. Again, Hidespy, Sorry about the mad posting there. Shocked Anyways! I want to hear some comments!!! And yes, if you look hard enough you can actually find that this has been posted elsewhere. (Please tell me if anybody finds it in more than 2 places, excluding this one.)
    Naida
    Naida
    Entertain-Talks Controler

Post by Naida Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm

pretty good story. btw... you'd hate my fan-fic chapters Razz

On microsoft word, single spaced, times new romans, font size 12, all standard.

I could type a 4 page chapter Very Happy

I won't say this is the shortest in terms of parts, but lets just say a few months on one forum has made me type a lot longer...

other than the gripe on short lengths on parts, its well done.
    Zanderzone
    Zanderzone
    Guild Officer
    Guild Officer

Post by Zanderzone Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:06 am

nice i would love to read some fan fics here but maybe another time atm ima heading to up myself a lot before new patch
    Kahnakura
    Kahnakura

Post by Kahnakura Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Naida wrote:pretty good story. btw... you'd hate my fan-fic chapters Razz

On microsoft word, single spaced, times new romans, font size 12, all standard.

I could type a 4 page chapter Very Happy

I won't say this is the shortest in terms of parts, but lets just say a few months on one forum has made me type a lot longer...

other than the gripe on short lengths on parts, its well done.

lol, I actually wrote the story as my introduction to when I was a moderator of mabinogiplayer.com. Was a great site, but then all the people known as trolls and whatnot showed up. I purposely made the chapters short so that it'd be easy to read. For the actual book I'm writing each chapter is anywhere from 3 to 6 pages times new roman, 12pt font and single spaced.
    Naida
    Naida

Post by Naida Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Razz I usually follow the rules for fan-fics on length on serebii.net Razz It has to be sustainable reading while being good Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content